Why Use FirstCol
Choose FirstCol for your Agency staffing requirements and work with a Care Agency renowned for providing quality and reliable Agency Workers throughout the UK since 2006.
We specialise in the supply of Agency Nurses, Health Care Assistants, Allied Healthcare Professionals, Support Workers and Cleaning/Kitchen staff to NHS Trusts and Private Healthcare Providers.
At FirstCol, we understand the importance of delivering fully compliant staff who are ready and fully equipped to perform well in the workplace. We are proud of our strong reputation for delivering a high quality and responsive service that meet the needs of very busy healthcare providers. Our services are available 24/7 and streamlined to cover agency shifts at very short notice. Our clients can be assured that every member of staff supplied by FirstCol is recruited and vetted NHS Employer Standards as a minimum.
We will allocate you a dedicated and friendly Booking Consultant to manage your booking requests and ensure that you receive an efficient service from someone who fully understands your service.
Our ethos and promise to our valued clients is Coverage, Quality and Compliance.
- Fast Response Times – We fill 90% of all booking requests within 15 minutes of your request.
- Shift Fill Rate – We cover 97% of all booking requests that we receive, aggregated across all our customers.
- Trained Staff Ready to Work – We have thousands of staff on our books who are trained, vetted and ready to fill your bookings as and when required.
- Geographical area – covering the whole of the UK, FirstCol has been providing our clients with quality and reliable agency staff since 2006.
- Quality Management System – We operate an ISO9001:2015 accredited Quality Management System that ensures we deliver the highest standards of quality in every aspect of our agency worker supply services.
- Recruitment Standards – All Agency Workers are vetted as a minimum, to NHS Employer Standards.
- Handling of Incidents and Complaints – We are committed to customer satisfaction. To that end we operate established policies and procedures for the effective and timeous handling of incidents and complaints.
- Mandatory Training – Our Mandatory Training is aligned to the ‘Skills for Health’ Core Skills Training Framework and the courses are specifically for healthcare workers and include all of the NHS compulsory and mandatory training modules. Training is delivered through e-Learning modules and Face-to-Face training sessions.
- Robust Registration and Recruitment Checks for all Staff – We ensure that all agency personnel have undergone rigorous recruitment checks to NHS Employer standards before placing them with you. This includes Identity checks; Right to work checks; Employment history and reference checks; Professional registration and qualifications checks; Enhanced DBS and Criminal record checks; Training checks; and Work health assessments/Fitness to Work.
- Staff Profiles – we provide you with a detailed Staff Profile of every agency worker as evidence of compliance with recruitment standards.
- Supervision and Revalidation – we carry out regular staff appraisals and supervision of all staff utilising competence and performance feedback solicited from placements.
Competitive Charge Rates
FirstCol’s endeavours to deliver convenience, responsiveness and quality at a reasonable cost to our clients. We achieve this by the level of compliance of staff whom we place with you; the high level of training every member of staff receives; our rigorous recruitment procedures and checks; and the speed at which we cover shifts 7 days a week 24hrs a day, all at reasonable prices which we constantly review to ensure they are in tune with the prevailing economic climate.