We have got your back covered….
Revalidation is the responsibility of the healthcare professional, however at FirstCol it is our business to ensure you have the right support to complete your revalidation paperwork.
Revalidation is the process that all nurses and midwives in the UK need to follow to maintain their registration with The Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
It was introduced by the NMC with a commitment to improving patient care. Re-validation is designed to help all nurses demonstrate that they practice safely and effectively. It is also designed to encourage a culture of sharing, reflection and improvement. It is an opportunity for nurses to reflect on the role of the Code in their practice, and ensure that their practice aligns to the standards.
These are all of the requirements that must be met to complete revalidation:
- 450 practice hours for each registration – 900 if you are dual e.g. nurse and midwife.
- 35 hours of continuing professional development ( CPD ) – 20 hours must be participatory
- 5 pieces of practice-related feedback
- 5 written reflective accounts
- Reflective discussion, with another NMC registered nurse, midwife or nursing associate.
- Health and character – you must confirm that you are capable of practice
- Indemnity – you will need to provide the name of the insurance provider or professional body
- Confirmation – signed by your confirmer
There is a requirement to re-validate every three years for a nurse to renew their registration.
FirstCol is run and managed by nurses and so we get you when it comes to the pressures of getting through the revalidation process. We work closely with you and support to achieve your revalidation requirements and paperwork. Start your journey with FirstCol.